What are they?
Talent Academies provide Somerset’s young people with the chance to visit employers. The result of the academies provides the following benefits:
- Learners with a real interest in an industry sector obtain a meaningful visit to real businesses that specialise in the sector activity.
- Employers get to meet young people face to face, and learn how to engage them and what their interests are.
Current Talent Academies
The first academy, ‘Tomorrow’s Teachers,’ was a huge success and has now been rolled out into other industry sectors. Please click on the academies below to understand more about them.
- Tomorrows Teachers
- Aero Engineering
- Early Years – Nursery Teaching
- STEM/EDF – Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Digital Skills
- Transport and Logistics – NEW
- Hospitality – NEW
- Virtual School – Care Leavers Academy – NEW
We are still looking for businesses to host the academies. If you run a businesses in any of these sectors, and are keen to meet the next generation with passions the same as you, get in touch.
Please email: JAYoung@somerset.gov.uk