Somerset is working on increasing the number of apprenticeship opportunities, uptakes, completions and overall perception of Apprenticeships at all levels. Currently, Apprenticeship opportunities can be found in the following places:
The Institute of Apprenticeships are an independent public body that works with employer groups to develop the apprenticeship standards and assessment plans to the best they can be.
Their main functions are:
- Developing and maintaining quality criteria for the approval of apprenticeship standards and assessment plans.
- Supporting the development of standards and assessment plans by employer groups.
- Publishing approved standards and assessment plans.
- Advising maximum amount of government funding that can be drawn down by employers for individual apprenticeship standards.
- Ensuring all end-point assessments are quality assured.
A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last up to 6 months.