To promote and influence Somerset’s workforce development so that Somerset businesses can:
- Recruit the right people, with the right attitude, motivation and skills; and
- Can access training that is delivered in the right way, at the right cost and of the right quality.
As the Board is not a delivery partnership, its role is to:
- Understand and communicate the employer demand for skills now and in the future;
- Influence those who can affect the supply of skills in Somerset; and
- Facilitate collaborative solutions that meet business needs.
Delivery capacity is provided by our two working groups: the Increasing Employment Network and the Somerset Skills Forum. The groups work with the Board to develop and progress activities as a direct response to issues raised by employers and key agencies.